With Alterna [New Generation] 1-piece drainable, the adhesive is permanently fixed to the pouch. To change the pouch, the whole appliance is removed and replaced.
Alterna Hideaway 1-piece drainable appliances are available with flat or convex baseplates. The broad assortment consists of various pre-cut or hole sizes which can be customized, with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque colour.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin friendliness
The Alterna spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin friendliness and protection from irritation
A comfortable and discrete pouch
Alterna 1-piece drainable has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Hide-away outlet - the outlet is easy to empty and clean, and has an integrated VELCRO® brand closure that can be easily tucked away – without the need for a closure clamp.
- Efficient filter - the integrated three-layer filter avoids the risk of the pouch ballooning up and causing unnecessary bulges, and neutralizes odour.
- Soft backing fabric - strong and water repellent, allowing for easy drying after a wash or swim.
Convexity for stomas that are difficult to manage
Alterna Hideaway 1-piece drainable is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.
Ask your stoma care nurse for more information about convexity.