Alterna® 2-piece drainable pouch
- The pouch is fixed securely to the baseplate by a mechanical coupling system. An audible ‘click’ confirms the secure locking of the pouch to the baseplate.
- Before the pouch is locked into position, it can be rotated into the desired position, without having to remove the pouch from the baseplate.
- The pouch can be removed from the spiral adhesive baseplate, allowing the pouch to be changed more often than the adhesive baseplate.
Alterna 2-piece drainable is available with a standard wear and extended wear baseplate, flat or with convexity. The broad assortment consists of a range of baseplates with hole sizes which can be customized, and with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque colour.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin friendliness
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin friendliness and protection from irritation
Alterna longwear adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is suitable for people with an ileostomy or urostomy that has a more aggressive output which breaks down standard adhesives too quickly.
A comfortable and discrete pouch
- Self-adhesive closing clip - a self-adhesive soft closing clip is supplied with the pouch, giving a closure system that is both secure and easy to clean.
- Soft backing fabric - the side of the pouch that is in contact with the skin features a lining made of soft material, allowing the skin to breath and dries quickly after a shower or swim.
- Odour proof film - pouch is made of a material that is odour-proof.
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Alterna [Original] 2-piece drainable is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage. A special oval-shaped shell creates pressure on the peristomal skin, to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude above the skin.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.